Monday, 11 June 2007

Facebook Rocks!

How cool is Facebook? Between Claire and I, we received a few invites and never bothered to sign up. I just thought it was another "thing" to sign up to and wont really be of any use. Now I'm hooked! It's very addictive.

Facebook is a social utility that connects people with friends and others who work, study and live around them. People use Facebook to keep up with friends, upload an unlimited number of photos, share links and videos, and learn more about the people they meet.

I signed up this weekend and I've already contacted several people that I'd not seen or heard from since school days! Very interesting to see who is doing what now.

For those that are interested, there is a video given by Mark Zuckerberg, the founder and CEO of Facebook. He talks about the impressive statistics of Facebook and the exciting world of the new Facebook Platform. There is section for developers which shows you how to integrate with Facebook and create your own Facebook applications

Go on, sign up, you know you want to and make sure you add me as a friend. For interest, there are currently 17,396 people in the New Zealand network. I'll be interested to look back at that statistic in a new weeks and see how it has changed.

No comments: